Houston, we have a winner! We’re pleased to announce that AAM 2011 Annual Meeting attendee Marilyn Hoffman won a VIP Houston experience just for registering for this blog. The lucky winner was randomly selected from a list of nearly 300 registered followers.
As the winner, Hoffman will enjoy the following perks that will undoubtedly make her 2011 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo™ in Houston a truly unforgettable experience:
- A ride for two in the Houston Art Car Parade OR two tickets to the Art Car Parade’s “VIPit” party on Sunday, May 22, courtesy of The Orange Show
- Ten free jitney rides in Houston’s downtown or midtown courtesy of REV Eco-Shuttle
- A spa treatment at the Four Seasons Hotel Houston
- Gift cards redeemable at Guadalajara Fine Mexican Food, The Grove, Quattro Restaurant at the Four Seasons, and Spencer’s Steakhouse and Chops at Hilton Americas.
- Two hours of bowling, shoe rental and mac and cheese bites for eight guests at Lucky Strike Lanes & Lounge
- Goodies to take home compliments of the American Association of Museums, Goode Company Barbeque, the Houston Astros and Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Marilyn Hoffman is the principal of Museum Search & Reference, a consulting firm based in Manchester, N.H. and Boston that offers executive searches for museums. Hoffman has been successfully placing professionals at museums and nonprofits since 2002. Prior to her consulting role, Hoffman had a 26-year museum career, including positions with the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, Mass., the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester, N.H., the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and the RISD Museum in Providence, R.I. She holds a B.A. and M.A. in art history from Brown University.
She will be moderating a panel session entitled “Varied Paths to the Top” on non-traditional paths to directorship at the conference on Monday, May 23 at 9:30 am. Be sure to stop by and congratulate her!
Thank you to all who participated! Continue to stay tuned for more great information on Houston and the AAM 2011 Annual Meeting on our blog!
–Jeff Bowen, Blaffer Art Museum
Anna Foret, Rice University Art Gallery
Adrienne Saxe, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
AAM 2011 VIP Package Task Force